Meta Description: Jewelry is a precious and personal item, so when it’s damaged it can be annoying. Here are 8 ways you can do to fix your broken jewelries.
Have you ever ripped your necklace, broken an earring, or lost a gemstone from your jewelry? It can be so frustrating and it seems like it always happens when you least expect it. Jewelry is often a very personal item, and when it becomes damaged, it can be frustrating.
Here are eight ways to fix your jewelry if it’s damaged:
- Use superglue. If a small part of your jewelry is missing or broken, you can fix it with superglue. Make sure to use a glue that is specifically designed for metal. You can also use this method to fix earrings that have lost their posts.
- Use a metal clip. If you have a necklace or bracelet that is broken, you can use a metal clip to fix it. Find a clip that is the same color and shape as your jewelry and attach it to the broken piece.
- Use a rubber band, yarn or thread. This is a great fix for bracelets that have broken links. Wrap a rubber band around the bracelet, between the two links that are broken. If a chain on your necklace is broken, you can fix it with some yarn or thread. First, cut the thread or yarn to the correct length. Then, tie one end of the thread to the loop on the broken chain. Twist the other end of the thread around the clasp on the necklace.
- Use a paper clip. If you have a pair of earrings that are missing a post, you can fix them with a paper clip. Open the paper clip and twist it around the back of the earring until it is tight. Make sure that the paper clip is closed so that it doesn’t fall off.
- Use a toothpick. If you have a small hole in your jewelry, you can fix it with a toothpick. Just put some superglue on the end of the toothpick and apply it to the hole.
- Use a needle. If a gemstone has fallen out of your jewelry, you can fix it with a needle. Put some superglue on the end of the needle and apply it to the hole where the gemstone was.
- Use a safety pin. This is a great fix for earrings that have lost their posts. Open the safety pin and twist it around the back of the earring until it is tight.
- Take it to a professional. If none of these methods work, you can take your jewelry to a professional jeweler for repair. They will be able to fix it properly and make it look like new again. There are lot of professionals who can fix jewelry in Utah. Make sure to go the trusted jewelers.
If your jewelry is a little bit dirty or tarnished, you can also clean it using some of these methods:
- Use a toothbrush and toothpaste. This is the best way to clean jewelry that has a lot of dirt or tarnish on it. Just put some toothpaste on the bristles of the toothbrush and brush it onto the jewelry. Rinse it off with water and dry it with a cloth.
- Use a polishing cloth. You can also use a polishing cloth to clean your jewelry. Just put some polish on the cloth and rub it onto the jewelry until it is clean.
- Use baking soda and water. If your jewelry has a tarnished look, you can fix it with baking soda. Just mix some baking soda with water to make a paste and apply it to the jewelry. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Use ammonia and water. This is another great way to fix tarnished jewelry. Mix some ammonia with water to make a paste and apply it to the jewelry. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Use vinegar and salt. This is the best way to clean silver jewelry. Mix some vinegar and salt to make a paste and apply it to the jewelry. Let it sit for a few minutes and then rinse it off with water.
- Use a jewelry cleaner. If you don’t want to make your own cleaner, you can buy a jewelry cleaner from your local store. Just put some of the cleaner on a cloth and rub it onto the jewelry. Rinse it off with water and dry it with a cloth.