Great early morning and welcome to Fox News 1st. Here is what you need to have to know as you begin your working day
Biden faces new criticism on Afghanistan withdrawal
President Biden claimed earlier that he promised to stay in Afghanistan till each American is evacuated, but soon after Monday’s withdrawal, critics say he did not dwell up his vow.
Marine Corps Gen. Kenneth F. McKenzie Jr. announced Monday evening that the last of the U.S. troops stationed at the Kabul airport had left, completing the military’s drawdown in the region, even however hundreds of People very likely continue being.
McKenzie, commander of U.S. Central Command, explained some American citizens who wanted to depart Afghanistan remained in the country.
“We did not get every person out that we wanted to get out,” he stated.
President Biden instructed ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos throughout an job interview on Aug. 18 that the U.S. armed service objective in Afghanistan was to get “all people” out, which includes Us citizens and Afghan allies and their families.
“Which is what we are undertaking now, that is the route we’re on. And I assume we are going to get there,” he explained. “If there is American citizens still left, we’re gonna continue to be to get them all out.”
A senior Point out Office formal informed Fox News on Monday that there remained a “small number” of People in america inside of Afghanistan.
That official put the quantity of Americans at “down below 250,” including that some extra Americans have departed Afghanistan in recent hrs. The formal additional that the State Division also was dedicated to evacuating “all those who labored with us,” referring to Afghan “companions.” Click Right here FOR A lot more ON OUR Prime Tale.
Sen. Tom Cotton, who appeared on “The Ingraham Angle” on Monday evening, said Biden retained his promise to the Taliban to be out by Aug. 31, but not to the Individuals however in the country.
In other developments:
– Previous US troops have departed Afghanistan
– Taliban brags: US troops remaining Kabul, Afghanistan ‘gained total independence’
– Blinken pledges assistance to People in america still left in Afghanistan right after withdrawal: ‘We will help them leave’
– Biden emphasizes ‘unanimous recommendation’ of military services leaders to meet Aug. 31 Afghanistan exit deadline
– NBC’s Richard Engel: Biden’s Afghan withdrawal was ‘the worst capitulation of western values in our lifetimes’
– Veterans organization functions to evacuate Afghan interpreters desperate to discover safety as US troops withdraw
Maritime who criticized armed service leaders in excess of Afghan exit stated he was requested to go through mental health and fitness screening
A U.S. Marine officer who was relieved of his command for breaking rank and contacting out the brass about the chaotic and lethal evacuation of American troops from Afghanistan in which 13 assistance associates were being killed mentioned Monday that he was purchased to endure a mental well being screening.
Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller was fired soon after posting a online video on social media exactly where he criticized navy leaders around the botched exit. In the footage, the 17-calendar year Marine, just three years shy of a complete pension, explained took leaders to process.
“I am not declaring we will need to be in Afghanistan permanently, but I am expressing, did any of you throw your rank on the table and say, ‘Hey, it is a undesirable concept to evacuate Bagram Airfield, a strategic airbase, right before we evacuate everybody?'” Scheller said very last Thursday. “Did anyone do that? And when you didn’t imagine to do that, did any one elevate their hand and say, ‘We fully messed this up?'”
In an on the internet post on Monday, Scheller claimed his commanding officer ordered him to go to a hospital for the psychological health screening. He claimed he was evaluated by psychological overall health specialists and “then sent on my way.” Simply click Below FOR Extra.
In other developments:
– Fathers of Marines killed in Kabul blast rip Biden: ‘He talked a lot more about his son than my son’
– Wounded Maritime rips Blinken, Gen. McKenzie on Taliban praise: ‘How dare you do that’
– Grieving father remembers Utah Maritime killed in Kabul assault: ‘He experienced the largest coronary heart in the world’
– Marines publish picture of dignified transfer of fallen provider users killed in Kabul
Taliban choose management of Kabul airport, celebrate ‘enjoyable minute of victory’
Taliban leaders took about manage of the Kabul airport Tuesday and marked the departure of the final U.S. airplane from the state by taking a symbolic stroll throughout the airport’s sole runway, according to a report.
“The earth should have learned its lesson and this is the pleasing minute of victory,” Zabihullah Mujahid, the Taliban spokesman, claimed in a livestream movie, according to the Connected Press. He spoke to reporters at the Hamid Karzai Global Airport and claimed Us residents “could not realize their target by way of military operations,” in accordance to Al Jazeera.
Celebratory gunfire could be heard during Kabul in advance of dawn, Reuters reported. A reporter from the Los Angeles Moments posted movie of Taliban fighters inspecting a hanger following the U.S. departure.
The AP reported that cars carrying the Taliban raced back again and forth alongside the airport’s sole runway.
Right before dawn broke, greatly armed Taliban fighters walked via hangars, passing some of the 7 CH-46 helicopters the Point out Office applied in its evacuations in advance of rendering them unflyable. Click In this article FOR Additional.
In other developments:
– Hannity phone calls on Biden to resign for abandoning US citizens in Afghanistan
– Unvetted Afghan refugees authorized to depart Wisconsin navy foundation unsupervised: Rep. Tiffany
– ‘Don’t belief the Taliban,’ hundreds get outdoors White Residence
– Taliban made available Kabul to US, but People in america mentioned no: report
– Louisiana person loses arm, most likely killed in alligator assault in Ida floodwaters, officials say
– North Carolina higher school student, 15, arrested subsequent capturing that hurt one particular: sheriff
– Faculty board members appear for exits as conferences get heated over CRT, other topics
– Christian students rip psychology study declaring that LGBTQ activism poses no danger to Christians
THE Newest FROM FOX Enterprise:
– Lithium fuels hopes for revival on California’s largest lake
– Recovery for Bernard Madoff consumers bolstered by Citigroup ruling, trustee’s lawyer claims
– Pending house revenue slide for second month as housing current market cools
– Organizations exiting California surges in 2021, working ‘death knell’ to state’s financial system
Click on Here TO Play FOX NEWS’ CROSSWORD PUZZLE OF THE 7 days
SOME PARTING Phrases
Sean Hannity demanded President Biden resign Monday for “lying” to the American men and women about his pledge to keep in Afghanistan until finally each individual citizen is evacuated.
“Apparently Joe Biden was telling all of us an outright lie,” Hannity told viewers of “Hannity” right after the last U.S. airplane departed Kabul. “This transcends politics, this is [for] a Democrat, Republican, conservative, or liberal. Everybody ought to see it suitable right here.”
The host referenced Biden’s previously interview with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, in which he pledged on Aug. 18 that the U.S. military aim in Afghanistan was to get “all people” out, such as Individuals and Afghan allies and their family members.
Not signed up nevertheless for Fox Information Very first? Click here to find out what you happen to be lacking.
Fox News’ Go Check out web site is now readily available, giving people with Spend Television supplier choices in their region carrying Fox News Channel & Fox Business enterprise Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Fox News’ Jack Durschlag. Thank you for earning us your first decision in the morning! We’ll see you in your inbox to start with issue Wednesday.