Short term (up to 12 months)
Reporting to the Manager of Kid and Household Products and services, the Dental Health and fitness Educator (DHE) will get the job done inside an interdisciplinary staff atmosphere to supply the Ontario Seniors Dental Treatment Plan (OSDCP) and Healthier Smiles Ontario (HSO). As required, the DHE will provide system assist as for each the Ontario Community Wellness Specifications for the two Continual Sickness Avoidance and Well-becoming and College Overall health.
Obligations will involve assistance shipping and delivery, shopper navigation, knowledge selection, oral wellbeing and system promotion, and scientific chair facet aiding.
Ability, Knowledge, and Competencies for this posture consist of (but not constrained to):
– Present Dental Assistant Certification Stage II from a group college
– Current registration with the Ontario Dental Assistants Affiliation
– Latest HARP certification
– Recent CPR certification
– Bare minimum of 2 yrs connected get the job done encounter
– Acquainted with the Ontario Public Overall health Requirements Specifications for Serious Sickness Prevention and Perfectly-Getting and College Overall health
– Common with the Ministry of Well being and Extended Term Care Oral Wellness Protocol
– Means to converse properly with seniors, people, groups, and neighborhood partners using verbal and prepared interaction
– Must be self-directed and equipped to do the job proficiently with seniors, family members and neighborhood groups to fulfill program targets
– Capability to sort partnerships with dental care vendors and local community companies
– Capability to show empathy and sensitivity to the demands of the focus on inhabitants
– Expertise with Digital Health Documents would be an asset
– Capacity to perform independently and participate efficiently in a multi-disciplinary group ecosystem.
– Abilities with facilitating displays and/or educational classes
– Know-how and/or practical experience in wellness advertising and/or main a particular initiative or neighborhood marketing campaign
– Know-how and understanding of overall health fairness and how to implement it to general public health and fitness practice
– Robust desire in skilled advancement and self-studying
– Proficiency working with Microsoft office plans including Phrase, Excel and Outlook
– Robust interpersonal, organizational, problem-solving and time management capabilities
– The capacity to talk (verbally & in crafting) in French or any other language(s) will be deemed an asset
– Potential to function outside common business enterprise hrs, including weekends and evenings, as needed
– Ought to have valid “G” Ontario Driver’s License and use of a dependable car
– A recent Police Vulnerable Sector Check out (PVSC) with satisfactory clearance is a affliction of work, at have cost.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Community Wellness will provide lodging for candidates with disabilities, on ask for
Post apps to:
Algoma General public Health
c/o Human Methods
294 Willow Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 0A9
E mail: [email protected]
We would like to thank all candidates for responding however, only people today picked for an job interview will be contacted.