Governor Lamont Nominates 15 Connecticut Inhabitants To Fill Vacancies on the Outstanding Courtroom
These Are the First Nominations Designed in Just about 3 Several years to the Court docket, Which Has 50 Vacancies
(HARTFORD, CT) – Governor Ned Lamont currently announced that he is nominating 15 jurists to fill vacancies as judges on the Connecticut Outstanding Court.
This is the to start with course of Outstanding Court nominations made by Governor Lamont, who took office environment in January 2019. The most the latest course was accepted in 2018 underneath the prior administration. Point out statutes authorize 185 judges on that court docket, and 50 of individuals positions are at this time vacant.
“I am happy today to announce a single of the most diverse lessons of judicial nominations in our state’s background,” Governor Lamont reported. “This class of women and men deliver with them a various background of working experience and skills that fulfill the significant requirements that the citizens of Connecticut ought to have to have serving in management positions in the court docket procedure.”
The Exceptional Court docket nominees include things like:
- Linda Allard, 60, of West Hartford: Allard is now a employees lawyer with Larger Hartford Lawful Help, where she practices relatives legislation and represents victims of domestic violence. Allard labored for additional than a decade as a partnership attorney, symbolizing victims as component of a statewide lawful support initiative funded by the federal Business on Violence From Women of all ages. She is the lead legal professional for the Larger Hartford Lawful Support/Hartford Healthcare Professional medical-Lawful Partnership, supplying totally free authorized suggestions to reduced-cash flow sufferers. She gained her undergraduate diploma from Cornell University, and her Juris Health care provider diploma from Cornell Legislation School.
- John Cirello, 50, of New Haven: Cirello is at this time a founding partner of Cirello & Vessicchio, LLC, the place he has worked due to the fact 2004. His standard exercise includes felony defense, civil litigation, company legislation, housing law, and probate issues. He earned his undergraduate diploma from Bryant College or university, and his Juris Physician diploma from Quinnipiac College College of Law.
- William Clark, 51, of New Haven: Clark is a previous legislation husband or wife at the legislation organization Berchem, Devlin and Moses in Milford. He also practiced law at Lynch, Traub, Keefe and Errante in New Haven. He is at this time the Chief Functioning Officer for Waterbury Community Universities, in which he is dependable for taking care of the Board of Education’s non-curricular departments and handling a large wide range of fiscal and lawful issues for the university program, which includes work and collective bargaining matters, company transactions, contracts and negotiations, regulatory compliance, and education regulation. He formerly served as Main Operating Officer for New Haven Community Colleges. He attained his undergraduate diploma from the University of Notre Dame, and his Juris Medical professional degree from Quinnipiac College School of Legislation.
- Michael Gustafson, 59, of West Hartford: Gustafson is now an Assistant United States Legal professional for the District of Connecticut, exactly where he has served considering that 1997 and specializes in violent criminal offense prosecutions. He is also the office’s Undertaking Safe Neighborhood Coordinator. Previously, he served as Very first Assistant United States Attorney and Chief of the Prison Division. He gained his undergraduate degree from Amherst Faculty and his Juris Health care provider degree from the College of Connecticut School of Law.
- H. Gordon Hall, 66, of New Haven: Hall is now an Assistant United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, the place he has served since 1989. Since 1992, he has worked in the office’s felony division. He is responsible for supervising investigations and prosecutions of federal regulations. Prior to functioning at the U.S. Attorney’s Workplace, Corridor engaged in the common practice of legislation with the Hartford law agency of Sorokin and Sorokin, labored as Assistant Corporation Counsel for the Metropolis of New Haven, and served as counsel to the Connecticut Legal professional Standard. He attained his undergraduate degree from Harvard School, and his Juris Doctor degree from the College of Connecticut Faculty of Legislation.
- Kimberly Massicotte, 59, of Burlington: Massicotte is now Particular Counsel for Opioid Litigation in the Connecticut Attorney General’s Workplace, where she has labored for additional than 30 yrs. In this placement, she is accountable for top the state’s litigation endeavours versus opioid producers, distributors, and other dependable get-togethers. Previously, she served as the Affiliate Lawyer Normal for Litigation underneath Lawyer General George Jepsen, supervising all litigation in the Workplace of the Attorney Standard. Prior to that, she served as Department Head of the Office’s Atmosphere Section. She earned her undergraduate diploma from St. Joseph’s College or university, and her Juris Medical professional diploma from Western New England University College of Legislation.
- Maximino Medina, Jr., 62, Bridgeport: Medina is a spouse at Zeldes, Needle & Cooper, Laptop, in Bridgeport, where he has labored since 1984, concentrating in the parts of individual bankruptcy and industrial regulation, equally litigation and transactional. Medina is fluent in Spanish and has delivered in depth pro bono expert services to moderate and very low-profits families. He earned his undergraduate diploma from Harvard College, and his Juris Medical professional diploma from New York College College of Legislation.
- Ndidi Moses, 43, of Seymour: Moses is at this time an Assistant United States Legal professional for the District of Connecticut, the place she has worked considering the fact that 2008. In 2010, she turned the Office’s Civil Legal rights Coordinator. Prior to becoming a member of that office, she labored as an affiliate at Robinson & Cole, LLP, and served as a law clerk in the Connecticut Appellate Courtroom for Decide Thomas A. Bishop. Moses also beforehand served as president of the Connecticut Bar Association and the George W. Crawford Black Bar Association. She earned her undergraduate degree and M.A. from Pennsylvania Point out College, and her Juris Physician degree from the College of Connecticut College of Legislation.
- Gladys Idelis Nieves, 49, of New Haven: Nieves is now a Family Aid Justice of the peace in the Connecticut Judicial Branch, exactly where she has served given that 2014. Right away prior to currently being appointed to that posture, she labored in the Law Offices of Gladys I. Nieves, serving as sole proprietor and symbolizing mother and father and youngsters included in kid abuse and neglect proceedings, which includes termination of parental legal rights. Prior to that, she served as a Senior Employees Attorney for the Middle for Children’s Advocacy in Hartford, and also labored as an legal professional for the Lawful Assist Modern society in the South Bronx. She attained her undergraduate degree from Yale College, and her Juris Physician from the New York College School of Regulation.
- Edward O’Hanlan, 64, of Outdated Lyme: O’Hanlan is currently a associate at Robinson & Cole, LLP, where he has worked considering the fact that 2001 on a assortment of land use matters, from administrative programs and appeals to sophisticated serious residence litigation. A retired U.S. Navy captain with 24 years of energetic and reserve assistance, O’Hanlan serves on the Board of Directors of the Connecticut Veterans Lawful Center, and also does pro bono work with the organization, supporting veterans defeat authorized boundaries to housing, health care, work, and benefits. He gained his undergraduate degree from Hampden-Sydney Faculty, and his Juris Medical professional diploma from the College of Richmond Faculty of Legislation.
- Angelica Papastavros, 51, of Killingworth: Papastavros is at the moment an Assistant Community Defender for the New Haven Judicial District, where by she has served because 2014. Earlier, she worked in personal apply for 18 a long time, specializing in criminal defense. She has invested the bulk of her job as a criminal protection attorney, symbolizing people today billed with serious crimes in demo and post-conviction proceedings. She earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Bridgeport, and her Juris Doctor degree from Quinnipiac University University of Law.
- Chris Pelosi, 55, of Berlin: Pelosi is currently a Senior Assistant State’s Attorney assigned to the Judicial District of Hartford, where by he has served given that 1999. In that purpose, he handles critical felony instances from arraignment to disposition. Prior to practising regulation, Pelosi served as a Probation Officer in the Danbury and Waterbury Judicial Districts. He attained his undergraduate degree from Assumption School, and his Juris Physician diploma from the Quinnipiac College College of Legislation.
- Carletha Texidor, 43, of Southington: Texidor is presently an Assistant Legal professional General in the Work Legal rights office of the Connecticut Lawyer General’s Workplace, in which she has served considering that 2014. Previously, she engaged in private exercise in New York City. She also served as counsel for the New York Town Office of Education. Prior to working towards law, she worked as a corrections officer in England. She is a graduate of Lewisham School and the University of Greenwich in England.
- Jessica Torres Shlatz, 48, of West Hartford: Torres Shlatz is currently an Assistant Lawyer Typical in the Community Security office of the Connecticut Legal professional General’s Office environment, where by she has served for the past 15 decades. She previously served in that office’s Little one Security department. Prior to joining the Attorney General’s Place of work, she served as an Assistant State’s Lawyer in both the adult and juvenile courts. She acquired her undergraduate degree from the College of Connecticut, and her Juris Health care provider degree from Western New England College University of Regulation.
- Carla Nascimento Zahner, 41, of West Hartford: Zahner is at present a spouse at Louden, Katz and McGrath, LLC, where she tactics loved ones legislation. She commenced her authorized vocation doing the job in the insurance plan marketplace and subsequently grew to become an legal professional for the Little one Security Commission, where by she represented indigent parents and young children who had been the subject of investigations by the Connecticut Division of Young children and Households. She earned her undergraduate degree from Trinity Faculty, and her Juris Health care provider diploma from the University of Connecticut School of Regulation.