Are you still confused about what to go for after SAFe Scrum Master Certification? You have a base-level knowledge of Scrum but aim to move forward. With several advanced certifications floating around, you have several options. SASM is one of the most popular certifications that provides you with in-depth knowledge about Lean, Kanban, and DevOps.
Who is the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master?
Any Scrum Master, looking for an opportunity for a better future scope. The training enables you to have cross-team interaction. It is not only a step forward but also a step deeper in the field of Scrum and Agile. Through the SAFe Advanced Scrum Master course Objectives, you get the opportunity to
- Learn about DevOps and its practices
- How to polish the interaction between the team and the stakeholders
- Foster continuous improvement
- Build a better and brighter, and more efficient team
Prerequisites for SASM:
- Fundamental knowledge of Scrum and Agile
- Already a SAFe Scrum Master (preferred, as they have familiarity with the learnings and objectives)
Steps to SAFe Advanced Scrum Master certification:
- Get yourself registered for the two-day training course where you will be taught how to
- Apply principles of Kanban into producing a more efficient end product
- Plan programs and design their execution and flow
- Contribute to a global community and come up with solutions to real-world problems
- Implement Lean and Agile practices into the process of development
- Focus on the uninterrupted growth of the team and the end product
- Complete the training with utmost dedication and sincerity. It can become a little overwhelming but paying attention to all the details is the key to acing the course.
- Once you successfully complete the training, you will be provided a link to appear for the exam. This link will be sent to you within 48 hours after the completion of the course
- You will get a time window of 30 days, within which you need to take the test
- If you pass this exam, you will be awarded
- SASM certificate
- SASM Digital Badge
- Membership to SAFe Community for a year
- Other learning materials
All you need to know about the SASM certification Test:
- Complete the workshop- before appearing for the exam, it is mandatory to have taken the two-day workshop.
- The exam will be taken in English.
- It is based on the Scrum Master Study guidelines and learning objectives of the Scrum Alliance.
- The cost of the exam i.e., $50 is included in your SASM Training Cost
- It is a Closed Book Exam and you are not allowed to take help from any material unlike in the CSM exam.
- Make sure you continue to do self-study and revisions to keep the topics fresh in your memory
- You can go for the Advanced Scrum Master Practice Test to identify the areas of strengths and weaknesses so that you can work on them later.
- The exam has Multiple Choice format with a total of 60 questions.
- You need to correctly answer at least 44 questions out of 60 to cross the passing cut off that is 73%
- The duration is 120 minutes in continuation. If by chance you get disconnected, you can return to the test and resume from where you left off. The answers get automatically saved.
- Be attentive throughout the exam and practice the tips and tricks to score well beforehand.
- The questions can have one correct or multiple correct answers. Carefully read the instructions before diving into the question.
- Try eliminating the incorrect answers to reach the correct one.
- Keep a check on the time. Try to finish the exam within the given duration.
- Make it a habit to double-check the answers before submitting them to avoid silly or unwanted mistakes.
- If you fail the exam, you can retake it for free. This provision is only valid if you take the test within 30 days of the course completion. If not, the retake costs an additional $50
The Scaled Agile Framework is a notable upgrade from the generic Agile Framework. The scalability and extension of any industry play a major role in its growth and flourishment. The SAFe is a wide and deep ocean and SASM is just a drop of it. Yet it holds so much significance in the field that it cannot go unnoticed. However, the course needs dedication and hard work. If you possess a keen interest in the subject, you can go forward with it.